My mother at sixty-six class 12 MCQ Question and Answer
My mother at sixty-six class 12 MCQ
Question:1 who is the poet of this poem ?
- John Keats
- Rudyard kipling
- william wordsworth
- Kamala Das
Question:2 what is the kind of pain and ache that the poet feels ?
- Losing her mother
- heart attack
- children screaming at her
Question:3 In which langauages has kamala das written stories and novels?
- English and Tamil
- English and Hindi
- English and Urdu
- English and malayalam
Question:4 Name the poetic devices used in the poem.
- all of these
Question:5 which poetic device is used in”trees sprinting ?
Question:6 what is the main Idea of the poem ?
- painful old age
- discolouration of skin
- carelessness of a daughter
- lack of strength
Question:7 what did the poet realize with pain ?
- Her mother’s appearance like a corpse
- she is inconsiderate
- old age is pleasant
- she has duties
Question:8 what is the familiar ache ?
- her childhood fear of losing her mother
- her mother’s weak health
- her duties
- her helplessness
Question:9 what do the running trees signify ?
- fast moving appearance
- speed of the moving car
- fast moving change in human life from childhood to old age
Question:10 who lives at Cochin?
- her parents
- Both A andB
- None of them
Question:11 what does the poet notice outside the car ?
- sprinting trees and running children
- schools and roads
- other vehicles
- many people on the road
Question:12 what do the parting words’see you soon Amma’ signify ?
- her carelessness
- her optimistic farewell full of cheerfulness
- she bids goodbye like this
- she is a hurry
Question:13 what does the poet’s smile signify in the poem ?
- her assurance to mother and helplessness inside
- she has a responsibility
- she has to do her duty first
- she is a loving daughter
Question:14 what worried the poet when she looked at her mother ?
- Her face
- her broken arm
- her loving words
- her declining age
Question:15 why did the poet look at her mother again ?
- because she was busy
- because she was going away
- because she wanted to stay back
- because of fear and insecurity
Question:16 Driving from my parent’s home to cochin last friday morning, I saw my mother, beside me doze, open mouthed her face ashen like that of a corpse and realised with pain that she was as old she put that thought away …
Choose the option that best applies to the given extract.
3 a piece of advice
4 a strategy
5 a recollection
6 a suggestion
- 1, 3, and 6
- 2, 4 and 5
- only 5
- only 1
Question:17 why does the poet feel scared ?
- Because of her duties and commitments
- because of her job
- because of her children
- because of her mother’s deteriorarting health
Question:18 why does the poet feel parted, upset and sad ?
- because of her fears
- because she was getting late
- fear of missing her flight
- because of her duty towards mother and her own needs
Question:19 what does the poem revolve around ?
- Poet’s fears
- Poet’s love for her mother
- Theme of old age
- All of these
Question:20 what was the expression of the poet’s face while parting from her mother ?
|Question No||Answer||Question No||Answer|