NCERT-Solution for class-12 English book flamingo-Aunt jennifer’s Tigers
Aunt Jennifer’s Tigers class 12 taken from NCERT book Flamingo were prepared according to the latest Exam pattern. practising these aunt jennifer’s Tigers class 12 Explanation Question and Answer
Aunt Jennifer’s Tigers By
(Adrienne Rich )
Adrienne Rich proclaims the suppression of womenfolk with provision of possibilities to live one’s dream,
Aunt jennifer’s Tigers class 12
About the poet
Adrienne Rich: (1929) was born in baltimore, Maryland USA, she is widely known for her involvement in contemporary women’s movement as a poet and theorist, she has published nineteen volumes of poetry three collection of essays and other writings A strong resistance to racism and Militarism echoes through her work the poem Aunt Jennifer’s Tigers addresses the constraints of married life a woman experience
Points to Remembers
- Aunt jennifer’s tigers symbolise spirit of freedom which she herself bereft of
- The tigers are the dwellers of she green forest are fearless and ferocious this is stark contract to the suppressed womanhood in aunt’s personality
- Uncle made her life very burdensome the expression massive weight of uncle’s wedding band symbholises male dominance
- Ringed refers to the confines constraints and the demands of marriage that bind a woman , within the vicious grip of her unhappy married life,
- Even after her death she feel terrified by the trauma which she faced due to her dominating husband
- Aunt jennifer’s tigers will survive her the tigers she knitted on the panel will remain fearless, brave and majestic,
- The aunt herself will remain alive through her art form
Aunt Jennifer’s tigers prance across a screen bright topaz denizens of a world of green they do not fear the men beneath the tree they pace in sleek chivalric certainty Aunt jennifer’s fingers fluttering through her wool find even the ivory needle hard to pull the massive weight of uncle’s wedding band sits heavily upon Aunt jennifer’s hand
when Aunt is dead, her terrified hands will lie still ringed with ordeals she was mastered by the tigers in the panel that she made will go on prancing proud and unafraid
Denizen: a person an animal or a plant that lives grows or is often found in a particular place
Question And Answers
Question:1 name the poem and the poet
Answer: The poem Aunt jennifer’s Tigers is written by Adrience Rich
Question:2 what was Aunt jennifer doing at that moment?
Answer: she was creating embroidered tigers on a piece of woollen cloth,
Question:3 How are aunt jennifer’s tigers described ?
Answer: Aunt jennifer’s tigers are dynamic , sleek and full of strength and chivalric grace,
Question:4 why are they described as denizens of a world of green?
Answer: The tigers are the animals that live in forests they live in a world of green surrounded by green trees and thick green vegetation
Question:5 why are they not afraid of the men?
Answer: they are not afraid of the men because they are not really Even otherwise ferociousreal and strong tigers are never afraid of men
Question:6 what are the ordeals that Aunt jennifer faced in her life?
Answer; Aunt jennifer didn’t seem to have led a pleasant married life , the hard and bitter experience of her married life lie heavy on her
Question:7 how are the tigers different from her?
Answer: Aunt jennifer’s tigers provide a striking contract the old lady is weak and can’t even move her terrified fingers on the other hand, her tigers symbolize strength power and speed,
Question:1 The poet of the Aunt jennifer’s Tigers
- Adrienne Rich
- P.B shelley
- John keats
- sarojini Niadu
Answer :(1) Adrienne Rich
Question:2 The poetess is widely known for
- her involvement in contemporary women’s movement as a poet and theorist
- her boldness
- her philosophy
- her poem
Answer:(1) her Involvement in contemporary women’s movement as a poet theorist
Question:3 how many volumes of poetry has she published?
Question:4 what is aunt doing in the poem?
- playing chess
Answer: (2) Embroidery
Question:5 what issue does the poem Aunt jennifer’Tigers raise?
- restrictions of women
- constraints of married life a woman Experience
- restriction of woman as a poet
- None of these
Answer: (2) constraints of married life a woman experience
Question:6 what is the meaning of denizen’s and chivalric in the poem?
- The dominating and highly arrogant attitude of the tiger
- tiger is a wild animal
- tiger is hungry
- beauty of the tiger
Answer: (1) The dominating and highly arrogant attitude of the tiger
Question:7 Example of Alliteration from the poem
- Fingers fluttering
- prancing proud
- both A and B
- None of these
Answer:(3) both A and B
Question:8 why does she find the ivory needle so hard to pull?
- because of fluttering fingers
- because of trembling hands
- because of her fears
- because of the heavy weight of her marriage ring
Answer: (4) because of the heavy weight of her marriage ring
Question:9 what is the meaning of the image massive weight of the wedding band?
- wedding bond of married life
- fat uncle
- heavy aunt
- heavy body of tiger
Answer; (1) wedding bond of married life
Question:10 which figure of speech is used in the line bright topaz denizens of a world of green?
Answer: (3) metaphor