Science Atomic structure Most important MCQ
Question:1 the proton is heavier than an electron by
- 187 times
- 1837 times
- 3837 times
- 2827 times
Question:2 which of the following is true about a charge atom?
- anion is negatively charged
- cation is negatively charged
- cation has gained an electron
- anion has lost an electron
Question: 3 which of the following is not a fundamental particle ?
- Alpha particle
Question:4 The number of protons in a negatively charged atom (anion) is
- more than the atomic number of the element
- less than the atomic number of the element
- more than the number of electrons in the atom
- less than the number of electrons in the atom
Question:5 Constituents of atomic nucleus are–
- Electron and proton
- Electron and neutron
- Proton and neutron
- Proton, neutron and electron
Question:6 the atomic nucleus was discovered by”
Question:7 the nucleus of Helium has”
- Only one neutron
- two protons
- two protons and two neutrons
- One proton and two neutron
Question:8 which of the following carries a negative charge?
- Alpha particles
- beta particles
- Gamma rays
Question:9 what is the mass number of an element, the atom of which contains two protons, two neutrons and two electrons?
Question:10 The atoms in which the number of protons is same but the number of neutrons is different are known, as-
Question:11 when 6d Orbital is complete, the entering electron goes into?
Question:12 An element has 18 electrons, and 20 neutrons its charge is—2 what is its mass number?
Question:13 the most electronegative element is?
Question:14 Principle Quantum number describes?
- Orientation of an or Orbital
- shape of Orbital
- size of orbital
- spin of orbital
Question: 15 The Isotope deuterium of hydrogen has
- No neutrons and one proton
- One neutrons and two protons
- one electron and two neutron
- one proton and one neutron
Question: 16 the isotope used to remove the brain tumours and treatment of cancer is
Question:17 An alpha particle contains
- 4.positive charge and 2 mass unit
- 2.positive charge and 4 mass unit
- 2. positive charge and 2 mass unit
- 4. positive charge and 4 mass unit
Question:18 the electrons present in the outermost shell are called the electrons present in the outermost shell are called
- valency electrons
- Octate electrons
- Duplet electrons
- valence electrons
Question:19 Mg2+ is isoelectronic
Question:20 which of the following statements about the electron is incorrect?
- It is a negatively charged particle
- the mass of electron is equal to the mass of neutron
- it is a basic constituent of all atoms
- It is a constituent of cathode rays,
Question:21 the Maximum number of electrons that can be accommodated in third shell (n=3) is”
Question:22 what is the number of valence electrons of AI?
Question:23 17CI35and 17 CI37 are example of”
- Isoelectrons atoms
- None of the above
Question:24 In deuterium number of neutrons are”
Question:25 valence electrons refer to the
- total number of electrons
- total number of protons and neutrons in nucleus
- total number of electrons in the outermost shell
- the two electrons in the duplet