CBSE Syllabus for class 10 2023-24 In English Read the full Information
CBSE Syllabus for class 10
ENGLISH LANGAUGE AND LITERATURE (CODE No. 184)
|A||Reading skills ——————-( 40 periods).||20 marks|
|B||Writing skills with Grammar ( 40 periods)||20 marks|
|C||Language through literature (50 periods)||40 marks|
I Reading comprehension through unseen passage —————– 20 marks
- Discursive passage of 400-450 words. ——————————(10 marks)
- Case-based factual passage (wish visual input-satistical data. chart etc. ) of 200-250 words. ————————————————————————(10 marks )
( Total length of two passages to be 600-700 words. )
Multiple Choice Question Objective type Question, and short answer Question ( to Answered in 30-40 words.) will be asked to assess comprehension, interpretation, analysis, Inference, evaluation and vocabulary.
II. Grammar writting skills and Grammar————————-(10 marks)
- subject –verb concord
- Reported speech
- Commands and requests
3. The courses at the secondory level seek to cement high professional graps of grammatical items and level of accuracy use of spelling. punctuation and grammar in contex will, will have to be attempted
III. Writing skills ——————-10 marks
4. writing a formal letter based on a given situation, in 100-120 words. one out two questions it to be answered. ————————————————05 marks
5. Writing an analytical paragraph in 100-120 words on a give map/ chart/graph/ cue/ s. one out of two questions is to be answered. ———————————05 marks
SECTION-B —————————40 marks
Language through literature
IV. Reference to the context ———–-( 5+5= 10 marks )
6. One extract out of two from Drama/ prose
7. One extract out of two from poetry.
Multiple Choice Questions/ objective type Questionsvery short answer Questions (one word/ one sentence.) short answer Questions (to be answer in 30-40 words) will be asked to assess. inference, analysis, interpretation, evaluation and and vocabulary .
V. short and very long Answer Question
8. Four out of five short answer type Questions to be answered in 40-50 words from the book
FIRST FLIGHT to assess interpretation, analysis, inference and evualtion.
9. Two out of three short answer type Question to be answer in 40-50 words each from FOOTPRINTS WITHOUT FEET to assess interpretation, analysis, inference and evaluation.
10. One out of two long answer type Question from FIRST FLIGHT to be answerd in 100-120 words each to assess creativity, imagination and extrapolation beyond the context across” the text, this caribe a passage-based Question taken from a situation plot from the text.
11. One out of two long answer type Questions from FOOTPRINTS WITHOUT FEET on theme or plot involving interpretation, extrapotation beyond the text and inference on.
Prescribed Books. Published by NCERT, New Delhi
- A letter to God
- Nelson Mandela:long walk to freedom
- Two stories about flying
- From the Diary of anne frank
- Glimpses of India
- Mijbil Otter
- Madam Rides the bus
- The sermon at Benares
- The proposal (play)
- Dust of snow
- Fire and ice
- A tiger in the zoo
- How to tell wild animals
- The ball poem
- The trees
- The tale of custard the dragon
2. Footprints without feet
- A Triumph of surgery
- The thief’s story
- The Midnight visitor
- A Question of feet
- the making of a scientist
- The necklace
- The book that saved the earth