Skip to content
all characters of the novel the invisible man class 12
- Mrs. Hall
- Mr, cuss
- Colonel Adye
- vicar bunting
- bobby jaffers
- costume shop owner
- Teddy Henfrey
- Dr. kemp
- jenny. hall , the wife of Mr. hall is the owner coach and horses Inn.
- hospital, considerate . down to earth woman.
- pays personal attention to her guests
- modest and devoted gave her hundred percent care to the stranger when he came to her Inn.
- Domineering wife , friendly with villagers.
- good manager
- george hall, the husband of Mrs, hall is the co-owner of the coach and horses Inn.
- lazy by nature, leaves the Inn to the care of his wife.
- good natured , extremely sociable
- co-operative with wife
- has a habit of drinking
- when a dog bites griffin , george hall follows him to see if the was all right but he was shocked to see a handless arm waving towards, him
- Dr, cuss is a doctor from Iping village
- his interest was aroused on the report of bandaged stranger and thousand and one bottles.
- went to meet stranger under the pretence of asking donations, but was scared
- Alongwith. bunting , tried to investigate the papers, diaries of the stranger.
- colonel adye is the law-abiding chief of police in the town of port burdock
- Brave police officer.
- Reaches at kemp’s house when the invisible man went to kemp’s house
- mostly follows kemp’s suggestions
- judiciously plans the campaign against the invisible man.
- In the end shot by the invisible man with kemp’s revolver.
- Mr.Bunting was the esteemed vicar of Iping village.
- Brave man, At the time of burglary in the vicarage he exhibited courage in place of panic.
- Tried his best to located and capture tresspasser
- Accompanied cuss to investigate coded books of Griffin
- Man of religion, responsible member of society
- constable of the Iping village
- Man with serious intents.
- he comes forth to arrest headless Griffin with devotion commitment and sincerity
- he had absolute confidence in his ability to arrest any criminal however powerful, visible or not visible
7.Costume shop owner
- The owner of the costume shop is alert and his sharp ears.
- Even a little sound cannot escape his sense of hearing.
- when the invisible man enters his shop very quietly, he got the feeling
- Finding no one. does not go lethargic
- very protective of his property
- Repeated noise made him furious, he is ready with pistol to face any eventuality
- Interesting character
- A clock jobber
- Regular visitor at coach and Horses. Inn
- Takes long time on purpose
- Curious and interested in stranger
- he is of the opinion that stranger is either some mad scientist or some criminal wanted by police
- he is a gossip monger and shares his views with everyone who is ready to listen
- A cartsman who delivers luggage from the station whenever he is needed.
- he is suspicious about the stranger staying at the coach and horses.
- owns a dog.
- His dog bites the stranger and he notices darkness through a torn part where there should be pink flesh and starts the story of Griffin being either a black man or a piebald.
- A short, fat tramp poor homeless jobless wanderer , sported shabby, old fashioned clothes and thrive on charity
- he is lazy and did not show any intention to work hard
- his cowardice did not let him defy Griffin’s commands.
- Assisted Griffin much against him on wish
- Marvel was more of a slave that an accomplice in crime
- he never revealed to anyone that he three books of Griffin were in his possession.
- he exhibits his keen business acumen by wisely investing Griffin’s money to open an Inn
- earned well by selling his experience with the invisible man.
- main character of the novel, gifted young scientist
- shifted his interest from medicine to physics
- Extremely obsessed with his experience
- facinated by the phenomenon of invisibility
- very secretive by nature
- writes the books in codes
- hides the secret of his success from his professor
- unsociable person having no regard for the people and their affection
- Revengeful. violent, criminal minded
- Robbed his own father and does not feel guilty or sad when his father committed suicide
- wanted to rule the world and unleash a reign of terror.
- Employs Marvel for his services but illtreats him;
- was ready to kill his old friend Dr. kemp who gave him food and shelter.
- meets a tragic end.
- Dr. kemp is a scientists living in the town of port burdock.
- Tall and slender, has flaxen hair with white moustache.
- self-centered, industrious, ambitious , wants fellowshiop of Royal society
- law abiding person. maintained his sense of maturity.
- informs local police about Griffin’s plan to create a reign of terror’
- Advices adye to use glass powder on the roads since griffin is barefoot.
- puts his own life in jeopardy when griffin chases him.