The portrait of a lady class 11 chapter 1 Most Important MCQ’s Question and answers
Question:1 where was the author’s grandfather’s portrait placed?
- On a shelf
- hung above the mantelpiece
- placed on the mantelpiece
- kept on a table
Answer:(2) hung above the mantelpiece
Question:2 who is the main character of the chapter the portrait of a lady ?
Question:3 how did the grandfather in the portrait hung on the wall look like?
- old, with a long white beard, wore a big turban
- old, skinny ,wrinkly, clean shaven
- Young, handsome, well-built wore a hat
- old well-built , wearing a suit
Answer:(1) old, with a long white beard wore a big turban
Question:4 Did the author bother to learn the morning prayers that his grandmother recited?
- he listened but did not bother to learn
- he tired but could not learn
Answer:(2) he listened but did not bother to learn
Question:5 when did the author’s parents leave him with his grandmother?
- when he was a kid
- when he was on infant
- when he become a teenager
- they did not leave him with his grandmother
Answer:(1) when he was a kid
Question:6 which animal did the grandmother used to feed in the village?
Question:7 what did the author eat for breakfast?
- Thick and stale chapattis with little butter and sugar spread on it
- stale bread with butter and milk
- prantha with curd and pickle
- pancakes with honey and milk
Answer:(1) Thick and stale chapattis with the tittle butter and sugar spread on it
Question:8 why would grandmother accompany the author to his school?
- To keep an eye on him
- To wait for him and to take him back home
- because of the temple being attached to the school
- she wanted to meet villagers on the way to school
Answer(3) because of the temple being attached to the school
Question:9 where were the parents of the author?
- In the city
- another village
- another state
Answer:(2) In the city
Question;10 what would the grandmother do in the temple on a daily basis?
- Read Scriptures
- sing religious prayers
- Preach religious to others
Answer:(2) Read Scriptures
Question:11 what was the turning of the friendship between grandmother and author?
- when he became an adult
- when his parents called them both to the city
- when he left her to live in the city with his parents
- when they fought
Answer:(2) when his parents called them both to the city
Question:12 where did he the author go to study in the city ?
- English school in motor bus
- he did not attend school
- Hindi medium school in the neighbourhood
- can’t say
Answer:(1) English school in motor bus
Question:13 what made the grandmother unhappy about the author’s new English school?
- she could not accompany him to the school
- because they were in city
- Because she didn’t understand English
- Because she didn’t understand English and could no longer help him with lessons
Answer:(4) Because she didn’t understand English and could no longer help him with lesson
Question:14 why didn’t the grandmother like music?
- It was the monopoly of harlots and beggars
- she liked only religious prayers
- she liked the traditional folk music
- she though it would distract him from studies
Answer:(1) it was the monopoly of harlots and beggars
Question:15 How did the grandmother spend her time in the city?
- Feedings dogs
- Reading Scriptures
- Spinning the wheel
- Talking to neighbours
Answer:(3) Spinning the wheel
Question:16 how did the grandmother spend her afternoons in the city?
- By feeding hundred of sparrows
- By taking a nap
- by talking to author’s mother
- by going to temple
Answer:(1) by feeding hundred of sparrows
Question:17 what happened when the author moved abroad to study for five years?
- Grandmother bid goodbye by silently kissing his forehead
- No one came to see him off
- Grandmother moved back to village
- parents moved abroad with him
Answer:(1) Grandmother bid goodbye by silently kissing his forehead
Question:18 what change came in the grandmother’s evening schedule when her end came?
- she collected the women of the neighboirhood
- she went for a walk
- she slept early
- she talked to the author’s parents
Answer:(1) she collected the women of the neighbourhood
Question:19 what happened when the grandmother didn’t pray for the first time?
- she fell ill the next day
- she started dancing
- she took a break and went to the village
- all of the above
Answer:(1) she fell ill the next day
Question:20 how did the grandmother react to her illness?
- she said her end was near
- she ignored her health
- she took care of herself
- she was admitted to the hospital
Answer:(1) she said her end was near