The voice of the Rain class 11 poem 3 English Hornbill summary
Introduction” walter whitman was an American poet, essasyist and journalist, whitman is among the most influential poets and is often called as the father’ of free verse born: 31 may 1819, west hills new york united states died :26 march. 1892, camden new jersey, united states poems. leaves of grass song of Myself. O captain’ my captain.
The voice of the Rain class 11 summary
In the poem, the poet asks the soft-falling shower, who are you?” to which she replies that she is the poem of earth. it is a strange thing for the rain to replay to the poet. the rain told the poet that she cannot be touched as she rises in the form of water vapor in the sky from the land and the bottomless sea. it changes its shape yet it remains the same. the vapor changes into clouds due to condensation.
It falls back on the surface of the earth to provide water to the drought-prone areas and to beauty and purify the earth (its birthplace.) it provides life to the seeds inside the earth and helps them grow.
The rain doesn’t care if anyone bothers about her deeds activities or not, she completes her work and comes back home the poet also compares the rain with a song as they both share a common journey the song originates from the hearts of the singer. travels across to fulfill the aim and comes back with due love for the singer (its originator)
Conclusion of summary
Through the voice of the rain summary, the writer wants to portray the life of rain and how it is like song.
Class 11 English Hornbill summary
- Chapter 1: The portrait of a lady class 11 summary
- Chapter 2: We’re not afraid to die.. if we can all be together class 11 summary
- Chapter 3: Discovering Tut: the saga continues class 11 summary
- Chapter 4: landscape of the soul class 11 summary
- Chapter 5: The Ailing planet: the green movement’s Role class 11 summary
- Chapter 6: The browning version class 11 summary
- Chapter 7: The Adventure class 11 summary
- Chapter 8: Silk Road class 11 summary
- Poem 1: A Photograph class 11 summary
- poem 2: The Laburnum top class 11 summary