Childhood class 11 Most Important MCQ’s Question and answers
Question:1 what is the Poem Childhood about?”
- Poet’s lost Childhood
- Childhood of every person
- Childhood of poet’s Child
- poet’s Father’s Childhood
Answer:(1) Poet’s lost Childhood
Question:2 After what age did the poet realise that he had lost his Childhood ?
Question:3 what could the poet not find in the Geography books?
- Hell and Heaven
- End of the sky
Answer:(1) Hell and heaven
Question:4 what did The poet find out about Hell and Heaven?
- They could be found in Geography books
- They were imaginary places
- they were in America
- They were in India
Answer:(2) they were imaginary places
Question:5 what did the poet realise about adults?
- That they are mature
- they have to earn money
- they are not what they seem to be
- they are cunning
Answer:(3) they are not what they seem to be
Question:6 why are the adults not what they seem to be ?
- they talk and preach of love but do not act so
- they are very shrewd
- they are selfish
- they are Lazy
Answer:(1) They talk and preach of love but do not act so
Question:7 what did the poet realise about his mind when he lost his childhood ?
- that he can use it in whichever way he wants
- that he is very intelligent
- that he is dumb
- That he cannot use it in whichever way he wants
Answer:(1) that he can use it in whichever way he wants
Question:8 what did the poet Conclude about his lost Childhood at the end of the poem?
- It went to another Dimension
- It went to some Forgotten place
- It moved away with time
- It shifted to his younger sibling
Answer:(2) It went to some Forgotten place
Question:9 where could he see his Childhood now?
- In an infant’s face
- Only in his memories
- In his brother
Answer;(1) In an Infant’s face
Question:10 what is the Rhyme Scheme of the Poem, Childhood ?
Answer :(4) ABBCCD
Question:11 who is the poet of the poem Childhood?
- Shirley Toulson
- Walt whitman
- Marcus Natten
Answer:(3) Marcus Natten
Question:12 what is the Meaning of the word Ceased?”
- Starting of something
- Come to an end
- In the middle
- To Chase something
Answer:(2) Come to an end
Question:13 what is the opposite of the word Hidden?’
Question:14 According to the poet,” adults are
- Intelligent and cunning
Question:15 what did the poet sense about himself, when he realised he could use his own mind the way he wants?’
- He sensed that he is as Intelligent as his friends
- he sensed his own individuality and a separate personality
- he sensed that he is very smart
- He sensed that he could use his mind in Creative work
Answer:(2) He sensed his own individuality and a separate personality
Question:16 what Refrain literary device is used in the poem Childhood?”
- when did my Childhood go?
- Hell and Heaven
- Could not be found in Geography
- that’s all I know
Answer(1) when did my Childhood go
Question:17 Antithesis is where two opposite words are used together in a sentence in a poem, where did the poet use it?’
- Infant’s face
- Forgotten place
- hell and Heaven
- Preached to love
Answer:(3) hell and Heaven
Question:18 which of these is NOT one of the options where the poet thinks that his Childhood has gone?
- The time when he ceased to be twelve
- the time when he realized that hell and Heaven could not be found in Geography
- the time when he realized that adults were hypocrites
- None of the above
Answer:(1) The time when he ceased to be twelve
Question:19 which poetic device has been used in the following line was it when I found my mind was really mine
Question:20 what Question does the poet put Forth?
- when did my Childhood go?’
- where did my Childhood go?
- Both A and B
- None of these
Answer;(3) both A and B